Join us for a three part online afternoon to learn about CSC services and why you might want to use them in your research.
We will start with an introduction for new users, what is it all about and how you can get access to our computing resources. CSC computing services are free of charge for open science and teaching at Finnish universities and research institutes.
The second session is dedicated to data. What data is available and how you can efficiently browse and access the data for your research.
The last session of the day introduces the Puhti web-interface for using Python and R.
12:00 - 12:40 CSC services introduction for new users
- What services are available and what are they used for?
- How can I get access?
- What skills do I need to use the supercomputer?
- Puhti supercomputer basics
12:45 - 13:30 Spatial data services
- What data is available from GeoPortti Geocubes and how can I use it?
- Using Paituli data in Puhti supercomputer
- How to utilize Sentinel-2 data of Finland from CSC Allas object storage
- Finding data of specific time and area using STAC
13:30-14:00 Coffee break
14:00 - 16:00 Hands-on/demo Puhti web interface
- What is the Puhti web interface and what can I use it for?
- Python usecase: Jupyter
- R usecase: RStudio
Teams link will be sent to registered participants.
The event is open to everybody, no registration fee.