The CSC Summer School in High Performance Computing is back in Nuuksio!
CSC Summer School brings together undergraduate and graduate students and postdoctoral researchers in different disciplines of scientific computing from all over the world. The contents consist of lectures and hands-on training on parallel programming, code optimization and other necessary skills in development of scientific software.
The school is aimed for graduate students working in various fields of science, e.g., chemistry, physics, life sciences, engineering or economics as well as Industrial R&D professionals. Also undergraduates as well as post-docs will find the school very useful.
The ten days of school are filled with coding, sports, leisure activities and having good time together. It will be an experience you will never forget with the midnight sun in the Nordic night next to breathtaking wilderness!
The following topics will be covered:
- Basics of parallel programming using message-passing (MPI) and threading (OpenMP) paradigms
- Programming GPUs with OpenMP and HIP
- Efficient input/output using parallel I/O
- More advanced topics in MPI
- Hybrid parallel programming combining MPI, OpenMP, HIP
- Building real-world HPC applications.
The participants will get a certificate containing a recommendation to your home university to grant you 5 credits (ECTS) for the school.
The goal is that it would be possible to build HPC expertise up to an intermediate/semi-advanced level during the school.
After the summer school participants will be able to:
- Identify the most important parallel programming concepts
- Construct simple parallel programs with C++/C or Fortran programming languages
- Construct simple GPU programs
- Recocgnize advanced parallel programming constructs
- Read and modify scientific applications implemented in C++/C or Fortran and utilizing MPI, OpenMP and HIP
- Work with version control systems
- Some skills to operate in a Unix environment.
- Participants are expected to have some experience in programming with C++/C or Fortran, and to be familiar with their basic concepts (e.g. variables, statements, control structures, subroutines, modules/classes).
Accommodation takes place in double rooms with en-suite shower and toilet. Linen and towels will be provided.
The fee for all ten days is 1600+VAT (24 %) .The fee is all-inclusive. It includes accommodation, four meals and two coffee breaks on most days, social events, printed course materials, instructed sport activities, refreshments,and transportation from downtown Helsinki and back.
The participants will be selected based on their background information. Notification about acceptance will be send within five business days after registration.
26.6.2022 00:00 +03:00 EEST
5.7.2022 00:00 +03:00 EEST
Haltia Lake Lodge, Solvalla Nuuksio